Show your pride during our patriotic holidays by displaying decorations bursting with vivid red, white and blue lights! Let our USA colors take center stage on Memorial Day and July 4th. From pool parties to barbecue picnics, flags fly high and the fun stretches on into the evening. Find the perfect lighting to complement your home, event or party, then illuminate your Fourth of July decorations with vibrant string lights and DIY ideas inspired by the symbols and colors of America. With the help of our 8 patriotic lighting ideas, fireworks won’t be the only thing sparkling in the night sky this summer!
1. Create a DIY Patriotic centerpiece with red, white and blue ornaments, flags and lights in a vase:
2. Have fun boosting patriotic curb appeal with red, white and blue walkway lighting, flag motifs and hanging decor:
Get the Look:
- Hang a Flag Motif on the front porch
- Hang red, white and blue moravian stars
- Welcome guests with a patriotic walkway using red, white and blue C7 or C9 bulbs
- Don’t forget your light string and walkway stakes to complete your pathway lights.
3. Hang red, white and blue starlight spheres across the porch or from tree branches. These vibrant hanging lights can stay suspended in the night sky much longer than any firework!
4. Make a July 4th spread for your picnic or party with fruity Sangria paired with patriotic icicle lights for sparkling summer refreshment in style!
Find the recipe for Sangria, plus other summer drink recipes and light pairing ideas for a themed party here!
5. Hang red,white and blue icicle lights across your fence, deck or porch. This patriotic lighting idea is fast and festive and makes a great impact! Plus, you can reuse icicle clips from Christmas to hang these lights!
6. Hang red, white and blue patio lights bulbs across the deck, above a backyard party or along the fence.
7. Accent your patriotic patio lights with rustic charm by hanging them in mason jars! Cut a hole out of your mason jar lids that is just big enough to fit the base of your bulb, then screw your bulb into the light socket and enjoy!
8. Make DIY mason jar lights! Fill mason jars with battery operated lights. Add an american flag and photos of veterans or family who currently serve in the military to create patriotic luminaries.
Let us know if you’ll be adding any of our patriotic lighting ideas to your decor this year in the comments below. We’d love to hear your ideas too!
Looking for more inspiration?
Find out more ways to decorate your patio this summer with our guide on how to hang patio lights!
If you’re ready to get started creating your own patriotic decorations, take a look at our red, white and blue lights!