LED Christmas lights look perfect on houses, trees, rooftops, and down walkways and driveways. People are making the switch from traditional incandescent Christmas lights to LED Christmas lights every day, and the difference is immediate.
How to Hang Christmas Lights
Hanging outdoor Christmas lights can be intimidating for some, but it is a task that many men and women find enjoyable and even relaxing. To hang Christmas lights, follow these easy steps:
- Choose a clip that coordinates with your Christmas lights. To learn more about clips and which lights they work with, read the Christmas Light Clips Chart.
- Slide the clip under the shingle or around the gutter and make sure it is secure.
- Place the bulb or string in its designated space and secure.
Each clip is different, so read the Clips Chart to learn more about them; however, they all follow the basic easy principle of clip and hang. By using Christmas light clips and following these steps, you’ll soon be hanging Christmas lights like the professionals.
Benefits of LED Christmas Lights
There are many reasons to change from traditional incandescent Christmas lights to LED bulbs this year. Here are just a few:
- Using LEDs allows you to hang more lights. With 80-90% less energy being used, that means you can hang 80-90% more lights and never exceed previous years’ energy uses. So go crazy and hang lights from the gutters, rooftops, gables, wrap trees, and outline walkways.
- LED bulbs are almost unbreakable. Use a helper when hanging Christmas lights and toss bulbs across the rooftop or carry up ladders and along walkways without fear of glass breaking. Even strong winds pushing the bulbs against the house will not break them. Strong acrylic plastic encases LED bulbs, reflecting light while safely containing each LED.
- You can clip LED bulbs and go. Hang lights without fear that a bulb will go out during season due to their long lifespan. Simply secure each bulb to the roofline using an All-in-One light clip (or other preferred clip) and walk away with confidence.
- It is easy to upgrade to LED bulbs as they screw into existing stringers. Simply replace last year’s glass bulb with this year’s LED bulb.
LEDs have vivid colors that are rated for 50,000+ hours usage. No paint to peel or crack, LEDs stay vibrant all season.
LED Christmas lights cast a magnificent and brilliant color, and when used outdoors the difference is often very obvious. Cool whites have a strong icy appearance, warm whites have a soft romantic glow, and greens, reds, blues, and every other color shine so brightly that people can’t help but to stop and admire.
LED Christmas lights are also available in numerous sizes, from tiny LEDs on ultra thin wires to large C9 bulbs. LED net lights, icicle lights, rope light, decorations, and even trees are available, allowing homes and businesses to transition completely to any LED lighting design. The LED Lights Guide can explain more about the technology behind LED Christmas lights and also help you compare the different shapes of the bulbs.